Desktop Goodies: Rainmeter

Another desktop enhancement software which tell you your CPU performance, RAM, Swap memory, and other useful information about your computer. Called the Rainmeter, this software also can tell you what you are listening and play music for you by invoking winamp. The name looks delusive, first I thought this is a weather report software. Anyway, if you are the person who likes to waste your CPU memory by adding widget, then this widget is for you. Just like Rainlendar, this software is very customable. Here’s the skin I’ve downloaded just for a starter pack:

rainmeter_ayukaSkin name: Ayuka

File Size: 185 KB

Color Theme: White Brownies

Extra: Ayuka w/ pigtail & Japan language

Download:

Rainmeter – www.ipi.fi/~rainy/legacy.html

Skin – http://adf.ly/KTUhp

Just as usual don’t forget to install Rainmeter first and move the Ayuka skin extracted folder to the Rainmeter skin folder. Then after you run the Rainmeter, right click on the tray icon and  highlight config. Go to Ayuka and there will be two options, choose “Ayuka_CDEFG” for english version or “Ayuka_CD” for Japanese version. Well, you could actually set what text you want to be displayed in the .ini file. Happy Downloading!

1. schultzz says:

awesome, been looking for good rainmeter skins

2. Kanzato says:

Hmm… I can’t seem to make it work. . . Could you help me?

3. Have you downloaded the rainmeter application yet? If yes, put the skin in the rainmeter application skin directory. If you use default installation, that directory can be found at C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Skin. Now, activate your rainmeter program and do you see a tear drop icon on your taskbar? Right click there and pick config. Ifyou do it right, you can see the skin name you just put to the skin directory. If not, click refresh and go to the config again.

1. Kanzato says:

Hmm. I don’t see the teardrop and when I right-click the rainlendar and highlight skins, I press the skins, but they appear as 2 grey bars.

1. Rainlendar? You mean Rainmeter?

4. Barnar says:

Where to find this rainmeter application, I’m pretty lost at the moment :(

1. It’s on the link on this post, dude.

5. barnar says:

Ohh woops… I failed xD

6. smiley says:

cant get work in vista..I have used the latest version 1.1, any help?

1. In what way it didn’t work? I use Vista and the Rainmeter still works fine. Do you see a Rainmeter logo in your taskbar?

7. Bama says:

I installed rainmeter and put the Ayuka folder in rainmeters skins folder. Every time I open rainmeter within 30 seconds it says that it has stopped working. Any ideas?

1. Bama says:

nevermind. Fixed it.

8. pumps says:

Hmm, I have Japanese fonts installed on my computer but when I try to use the cd.ini, the characters don’t show up.

9. Kuzumi Taiga says:

Thnx

10. Blaze says:

How do I change to and from her pigtail picture?
    I did it once by accident, now I can’t find out how to do it again

1. Just click the crown on the menu above.

1. Blaze says:

doesn’t work, it just refreshes the box below it.

2. You used the left click right? Because the right click will refresh your rainmeter instead.

3. Blaze says:

Yeah, I am left clicking.
        Right click opens up the pop-up menu thing.

4. Ah, I presume you are using Ayuka_CDEFG.ini right? That script is busted as some ignorant cut some code without knowing the function. What you have to do is to alter the order of the [Base] tag and [CharaToggle] in the Ayuka_CDEFG.ini, so it becomes like this:

[Base]
        Meter=IMAGE
        X=9
        Y=98
        ImageName=ote_menu.png

[CharaToggle]
        Meter=IMAGE
        X=72r
        Y=5r
        W=36
        H=30
        LeftMouseDownAction=!execute [!RainmeterToggleMeter Chara1] [!RainmeterToggleMeter Chara2]
        RightMouseDownAction=!RainmeterRefresh

you have to put [Base] tag first then [CharaToggle] tag below the [Base] tag. I hope that helps.

5. Blaze says:

That did it!
        Thanks a ton!

6. No problem….

11. KatanAnime says:

She’s so cute :P lol

12. Vash says:

How do I get her, and ONLY her, on screen. I’ve got all this other crap that I couldn’t care less for on.

13. You got to edit the .ini file by deleting the tags that you don’t want.

1. Vash says:

Thanks. ^_^

14. 六道骸 says:

I have a XP and also have rainmeter downloaded but the application is not working…it’s like all in pieces and files….any idea on how to actually activate the program? ;_;

15. What do you mean? Please consult to the “Rainmeter” page on how to use Rainmeter program.

16. ShiroTaiga says:

uhm guys with the latest version of this, i dont can get this skin to show up , im using w7 64bit

1. What skin? Does the skin show up in the config option list?

2. Nasty says:

Even I am not able to run the latest verison of rainmeter on win7 x64….I see the tear drop icon on system tray but it does nothing…I tried right clicking and left clicking the icon but no menu pops up…..Only rainmeter 0.14 is working for me….any one knows how to make the latest version to work on my system,,,,

17. Roberto says:

the rainmeter works… but…
    i have winamp 3.0 installed and when i try to put music on the rainmeter or clic the winamp simbol, nothing happend.

18. Where do you put the installation directory? The default path is C:\Program Files\Winamp. If you installed it in a different directory, you have to change the value of Winamp Dierctory in the .ini file.

19. sherladers moore says: